Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do you do what Nintendont? πŸ˜‰
InnovaX5
Advanced
Post How do you do what Nintendont? πŸ˜‰
on: December 3, 2012, 12:14

Alright boys and girls. We all know the Genesis/MD is the ice cream of 16 bit consoles. What I mean by that is, we all have so many different "Flavors" to choose from with the huge number of variations of the core console itself as well some different variations of add-ons for our beloved console.

So I ask you, what is your favorite set up of mixed and matched versions of our 16-bit behemoth?

I personally use three, yes three...different console set ups for my man cave game room. I have the following.

When I wanna get my Sega CD on, I use my JVC X'eye. I don't know what it is about the X'eye for Sega CD, I just love it. I don't have a Sega CD or Mega CD in my game room. I own them but they're boxed and on display on my wall of consoles I don't play. Maybe its the giant green button on the X'eye that makes me use it over the others. I have to admit however, if I get my hands on a Victor or Sega Wonder Mega, my X'eye will be packed away and placed on the shelf.

When I wanna rock out to the Genesis / Megadrive I use a Model 2 Sega Genesis with 32X add-on. I just really like how the Model 2 and the 32X look together. I normally use my white Mega Everdrive with it when I'm not playing Pier Solar. I really really love how a snow white cartridge looks in this set up.

Finally when I don't wanna go down to my man cave and wanna relax in the living room and get my Genesis on, I use my Sega Nomad. I love this handheld, it feels perfect in my hands and I can connect it to my TV when I wanna play on the big screen. I use to take this baby everywhere with me when I was a kid. I think that is partly why its so near and dear to me. I've had it fully refurbished since it started to wear out from old age on me...now its just as good if not better than it was when it was new.

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: How do you do what Nintendont? πŸ˜‰
on: December 6, 2012, 08:02

I do it doggy style on the original Mega Drive, ABC-button controller and a Loewe TV.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 6, 2012, 13:41

LOL, nice. I love that controller for my 7800 and Colecovision...not so much for the genesis though, I'm a 6 button man, what can I say.

kerran156
on: December 6, 2012, 23:41

I just rock a pure genesis 2 with 6 button controller. Nba Showdown non stop, just got the genesis so some classics need to be added to the Christmas wishlist.

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 9, 2012, 02:28

I use both Model 1 of Sega Genesis and Sega CD with 32X. I only use the 6-Button pad when is required. I prefer the original one which I think it is one of the best ever made. I looked for any good wireless pad but I didn't find. What I bought was a PS2 adapter which doesnt work. The store sent me another, but still didn't work. I guess it only functions with the japanese console, maybe.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 9, 2012, 22:15

Not sure Clecio, never picked up a controller adapter for any console before now that I think about it. Just countless terrible third party pads for various consoles over the years... /sigh

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 10, 2012, 21:19

InnovaX5, I surely agree that third part controls in most cases are not good. Even an Acclaim set I bought is terrible. Over the years, I became a wireless fan. For every console I have I tried to find something that worth playing with wirelessly. And I had lots of fails. Then I saw this store http://www.tototek.com that sales adapters for almost every console to a PS2 pad (wireless, if you have one, will work too). On DreamCast, SNES, 3DO and Neo-Geo CD the adapters worked fine. But for Genesis was a denial.
The lesson I learned was play with the original one or with a joypad made by the console's producer, like the Wavebird for GameCube. Or get used to cables. Well, now I'm ok with it.
But no doubt that the original Genesis pad is very good.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 10, 2012, 21:28

Wow, I like it Clecio, cool site.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.321 seconds.