Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Halo 2: Anniversary
Jmeon4eva
Advanced
Post Halo 2: Anniversary
on: January 26, 2013, 09:33

So based on the success of Halo series, and Halo 2, and the pretty good sales of Halo CEA, was wondering, what are you're thoughts on a Anniversary edition of Halo 2? Personally, i'd like to see the same thing they did with the campaign, upgraded graphics, but same story, but in MP i'd like to see them re-release ALL Halo 2 maps, and if they somehow can do it, keep the same scoreboards so people can keep on going where they left off back in 2010. Run it on a different server than the ones for H3, Reach, and H4.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

gamester81
Administrator
Post Re: Halo 2: Anniversary
on: January 27, 2013, 23:04

Yeah I agree, it would be sweet if they did a Halo 2 HD anniversary release. They did a good job with the first one, and Halo 2 is my favorite Halo game too.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: January 28, 2013, 11:49

Actually 4 is becoming my favorite, i'm liking the subtlties in the storyline more and more as i think about it. And i have a strong feeling they will do an HD release. it's just before or after H5 will be the question.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

PGen98
Advanced
on: February 3, 2013, 13:21

I don't think we'll see a Halo 2 Anniversary, personally. CE was the start, it's the iconic title that people look back on, and that's really all it should be. Granted, this is a business, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Halo 2 HD, and yeah it was a better overall game than Halo CE, but part of me hopes they let it be. I'm somewhat tired of all the rehashed titles that we're supposed to repay for because "OMG New Graphics!" Some of them, sure, they were fun, but do we really need them back again (Hitman HD Collection? DMC HD? Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD?!?)? I think there's a point where enough is enough with the HD remakes.

S-Pac316
Advanced
on: February 3, 2013, 18:25

Well, I'd kid myself if I say I refuse to buy a Halo 2 Anniversary edition in the next year or so. I'm sure I would buy it. 😛

-------------

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: February 4, 2013, 10:38

Quote from PGen98 on February 3, 2013, 13:21
I don't think we'll see a Halo 2 Anniversary, personally. CE was the start, it's the iconic title that people look back on, and that's really all it should be. Granted, this is a business, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Halo 2 HD, and yeah it was a better overall game than Halo CE, but part of me hopes they let it be. I'm somewhat tired of all the rehashed titles that we're supposed to repay for because "OMG New Graphics!" Some of them, sure, they were fun, but do we really need them back again (Hitman HD Collection? DMC HD? Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD?!?)? I think there's a point where enough is enough with the HD remakes.

I think the HD remakes are good for people who didn't get a chance to play the game the first time around. There's always new gamers coming into the market that might have been too young for Halo 10 years ago. True that Halo 2 is backwards compatable with the 360, but all the online servers are down and muliplayer was a huge part of that game. And I'll give you that some of them are being released a little too soon like the Tomb Raider collection. All three of those games are not that old and previously available in HD. So, I didn't buy it.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

PGen98
Advanced
on: February 5, 2013, 00:17

I can agree with that side of things, definitely, but they're getting pretty ridiculous at this point. I shouldn't be surprised, hell I even invested my time and money into Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green when they came out, despite owning and playing Red, Blue and Yellow during their time (and HeartGold and SoulSilver, despite owning Gold, Silver and Crystal).

It makes sense from a business side of things, I just don't think we should be seeing games from the original Xbox showing up as remakes at this point. I do see why they released CE, since Halo has gone on to become an absolute phenomenon, and CE launched the series. I do not believe Halo 2 should be remade this soon (not even for the 10 year mark). Another five years, sure, do the Halo Trilogy remake, but they're saturating the market with Halo right now, and it's time to back off a bit. Look at Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. Yearly releases of those games have led to market saturation and poor games in recent years. Medal of Honor is now defunct, and I could see CoD going that route within a couple of years. This is purely sentimental and selfish, but I don't want to see Halo continue down that road (even though it already has done, and likely still will...). The first trilogy was awesome, the spinoffs were crap (Halo Wars was interesting, but it lacked in a lot of areas. ODST was...well...yeah...), and I'm quite excited about the new trilogy. Halo 4 is a great game, and moving forward Halo 5 and 6 should be good. If we're talking about a Halo game every year just to keep the brand out there, it's going to lose a lot. I hope they leave it be, I really do. It's not going to happen, and I think we all know that, but I still really hope they leave it be.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: February 5, 2013, 07:17

Oh yeah, I'm definately burnt out on COD and Assassin's Creed for that reason. Releasing the same game every year is too much for me and I would like it if they spaced them out too. And so I haven't bought or played a game from either of those franchises for years. In fact I haven't bought Halo 4 'cause I feel like I just finished Reach! And its not that I think Halo 4 is bad, it's that I'm not ready for another Halo game yet.

But not everyone is like me and so many people buy them. Developers make a ton of dough from remakes and sequels because their overhead and risk is much less than creating new IP. And when Ubisoft sells an AC game part of that money goes into making a Rayman, Far Cry, and Splinter Cell game. So I can't complain.

But I see what you are saying. You love Halo and you don't want to see the franchised watered down with remakes. And I do agree with you on that point. If they do remake Halo 2 though, well... you don't have to buy it and some of the money from the copies they do sell might go towards making Halo 5 better.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.278 seconds.