Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3DS XL with a 2nd circle pad?
Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
Post 3DS XL with a 2nd circle pad?
on: February 15, 2013, 07:24

My 3DS has been getting all sort of use lately as I'm starting to find deals on the lauch titles. I just bought Shinobi and Tetris Axis for $10ea. And the eshop has been keeping me busy too.

The only thing is I'm finding the 3DS too small for my hands. I've been holding on getting a 3DSXL 'cause I have a feeling Nintendo is going to release on newer version with a 2nd circle pad. Which I'd prefer instead of a boat attachment.

Just wondering what you guys think. Will there be a upgrade to the 3DSXL soon (like sometime this summer) or am I crazy?

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

albirhiza
Beginner
Post Re: 3DS XL with a 2nd circle pad?
on: February 15, 2013, 08:18

Quote from Buried On Mars on February 15, 2013, 07:24
My 3DS has been getting all sort of use lately as I'm starting to find deals on the lauch titles. I just bought Shinobi and Tetris Axis for $10ea. And the eshop has been keeping me busy too.

The only thing is I'm finding the 3DS too small for my hands. I've been holding on getting a 3DSXL 'cause I have a feeling Nintendo is going to release on newer version with a 2nd circle pad. Which I'd prefer instead of a boat attachment.

Just wondering what you guys think. Will there be a upgrade to the 3DSXL soon (like sometime this summer) or am I crazy?

I totally agree with you on the size of the original 3ds. I couldn't play that for very long without my hands cramping something fierce. However, I didn't have the patience to wait for a potential dual circle XL and just bit the bullet (don't know if we will ever see one until more games require it). It is a great size but noticeably heavier.
I have also been on a 3DS deal bender. Besides Tetris and Shinobi I rescued Ghost Recon Shadow Wars and Rayman 3D from the ol' $10 bargin bin.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: February 16, 2013, 17:43

$10 for Ghost Recon and Rayman are amazing finds!

Don't know if we'll ever see a dual circle XL either. I just know if one does come out I won't be able to justify getting one if I already have and XL. Hmmm... might be lighter two... I wish Nintendo would just put out the best model but there is too much money to be made from upgrading these machines. Damn it Apple!

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

albirhiza
Beginner
on: February 17, 2013, 08:26

Quote from Buried On Mars on February 16, 2013, 17:43
I wish Nintendo would just put out the best model but there is too much money to be made from upgrading these machines. Damn it Apple!

I can't agree with you more on this one. I resisted a 3DS for about a year waiting for Nintendo to release or at least disclose the XL, especially after the unlimited onslaught of DS models during its lifetime. Since I am a sucker though, I fell for their scheme and now I have both systems and they have my money.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: February 17, 2013, 09:16

I can't agree with you more on this one. I resisted a 3DS for about a year waiting for Nintendo to release or at least disclose the XL, especially after the unlimited onslaught of DS models during its lifetime. Since I am a sucker though, I fell for their scheme and now I have both systems and they have my money.

I waited for about 8 months before 3D Land came out. The reviews for it were fantastic and I was on the fence about getting one. Then I read an article predicting that 3DSXL will not happen because Nintendo has too many 3DSs to sell. So I bought one. So did millions of others over Christmas and that summer the 3DSXL was on the store shelves. (Insert sad horn sound effect here.)

Freezieunl-
imited
Beginner
on: February 18, 2013, 10:57

So I got a 3DSXL even though I bought the zelda 3DS because of the size I was also thinking Nintendo would pull a fast one and release a third version with a second thumb pad but after talking to my nintendo rep and doing some online research I am more convinced that if another one comes out it will be cosmetic like color or desighn then adding a second pad I imported the slide pad for about $30 after shipping and have been happy if another one comes it wont probably be till september for the start of the new quarter I just didnt wanna wait that long ill probaby buy the 3rd version as well if it comes for collector value but not holding my breath

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: February 18, 2013, 17:51

Yeah, if a third version isn't announce by this summer I'll probably end up getting a 3DSXL. So look for the the 3DSXL with a 2nd circle pad announcement in the fall! LOL!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.319 seconds.