Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the Nintendo Wii U Hurting Nintendo So Far
gamester81
Administrator
Post Is the Nintendo Wii U Hurting Nintendo So Far
on: April 23, 2013, 21:23

Just curious what you all think of the Nintendo Wii U? Is the lack of exciting games and lower than expected sales hurting Nintendo?

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Is the Nintendo Wii U Hurting Nintendo So Far
on: April 24, 2013, 05:02

Nintendo was always about household names: Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, but we still don't have what we want. If Nintendo comes up with a new Metroid tomorrow, then I'm definitely buying a new console, but at this moment I don't have much interest for what they have to offer.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: April 24, 2013, 10:51

The Wii U's weak sales are definitely hurting Nintendo right now. Nintendo over estimated how much the console would sell, but I don't believe all is lost. The 3DS looked DOA in 2011. It was system with weak hardware (and still is) when compared to what competition had upcoming (Vita), had a lousy library of games, and little third party support. A price drop and a couple of popular exclusive titles later (Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart) and it’s holding its own.

Nintendo does need to start making some smart moves like they did with the 3Ds soon, but as long as they do they’ll be fine.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

S-Pac316
Advanced
on: April 24, 2013, 13:35

It's only been out for less than a year. Let's try to stay hopeful.

At least it won't block used games or require to stay online to play games. 😛

-------------

thekyle043-
on: April 24, 2013, 19:17

Quote from S-Pac316 on April 24, 2013, 13:35

Ya, It just hasn't had enough time out yet. I think once there is some "Must have" games on the system, it will do a lot better. Right now I'm waiting on (A.a price drop. Or (B. That one good game to come out.

gamester81
Administrator
on: May 18, 2013, 12:17

Quote from thekyle0430 on April 24, 2013, 19:17

Quote from S-Pac316 on April 24, 2013, 13:35

Ya, It just hasn't had enough time out yet. I think once there is some "Must have" games on the system, it will do a lot better. Right now I'm waiting on (A.a price drop. Or (B. That one good game to come out.

Yeah I agree, give it time and the Wii U should be OK. So far though the lack of good games for the Wii U has been disappointing. Feels like an updated Wii to me to be honest.

MoonJump
on: May 19, 2013, 20:32

I still feel stupid for getting a Wii U before getting a 3DS XL. Now there's more games on the 3DS I want to play while now there's nothing much that I MUST PLAY on the U. Even going to the New York Comic Con I didn't see the same look of excitement on people's faces that the Wii had on people.

I know you buy a Nintendo system to play Nintendo's games but I like to have a mix of some third party support. Maybe now that EA said they won't make any new games on it that Nintendo will try to make some REAL sports games that aren't just Mario and friends mini games. Hell, make an HD remake of Ice Hockey with online play, day one for me. I played the hell out of that.

I'd really like to see Nintendo go back to basics and make the games they used to back in the arcade days and early NES games. I'd love to see them bring back old franchises like Mach Rider or Wrecking Crew. I loved when Namco/Bandai did Pac-Man Championship Edition, why not a Donkey Kong version with different board and you can brag and share your high scores online? Even if they had the arcade versions of the games in the E Shop then the NES Ports that'd be amazing. Why they never released a version of Duck Hunt with the Wii Zapper is beyond me.

I still think the biggest problem is how the handled advertising the system. Even my cousin who's younger then me but also a gamer thought that the gamepad was an add on to the Wii and not a whole new system. They should have never called it Wii U and gave it a different name so non gamers knew it was something new and not a new controller.

http://www.arcade-hunters.com/

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.24 seconds.