Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Rediculously overpriced games
Adam_Copel-
and
Post Re: Rediculously overpriced games
on: October 28, 2012, 09:39

what? That's one of the stupest games I've ever seen. No sence, no fun, nothing.... what a stupid price.

FirehouseG-
ames
Advanced
on: October 28, 2012, 10:00

PAL version of Primal Rage for SEGA 32X...I've seen it go for about 800 pounds. The american version is very cheap though

Retro Reviews by me ๐Ÿ˜€ - http://www.youtube.com/firehousegames

"It's not clear to me what to do with that Pong machine"

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 28, 2012, 17:15

Quote from DoctorFeelgood on October 26, 2012, 15:25

Quote from LuzZelenia on October 23, 2012, 15:33
It wasn't complete, just loose cartridge.

Selfdestructow: I can't give you a completely fair opinion since I know for a fact that im cheap but I wouldn't pay $30. I'm uncomfortable paying more than $10 for a game.

$10 dollars for any game? Well, I would assume your collection is mainly things that sold well, no imports, and mostly just cartridges. I would prefer to have a small, but respectable collection of games in mint condition than a ton of games without boxes or peeling labels, even if they worked.

I collect mostly for the PS1 and N64 which are very cheap consoles to collect for. On top of that, I don't buy off eBay, I stick to yard sales and thrift stores so most of the tine I can get the game I want for cheap. And I'm not big on boxed or sealed stuff because I play every game I get so for me, it'd be a waste to have a sealed game or console that I couldn't play. Also, I'm very patient. I dint mind waiting to get the game I want a good price even if it takes me a long time to do it. Also, I said I was uncomfortable paying more than $10 for a game, not that I wouldn't do it. I'd just rather not xD for me, my collection is just about getting great games and playing them, I don't care if theyre common or worth allot of money or not. But different strokes for different folks I suppose.

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 28, 2012, 17:21

Quote from Adam_Copeland on October 28, 2012, 08:19

Quote from LuzZelenia on October 25, 2012, 17:19

Quote from Adam_Copeland on October 25, 2012, 12:04
here in germany, a good price for OoT and Majoras Mask is about 20 euro, used and boxed. That's around 25 Dollar... So here it's cheap while a Version of the Legend of Dragoon, boxed and good condition easily goes for 80 bucks. So I was lucky to pick one up for 20 bucks on the american ebay store

You kidding?! I have 4 complete copies of LoD, three of which are black label, it's my favorite RPG. Good thing it doesn't go for that over here.

But on the other hand, over there you got Terranigma and the US didn't so I guess it evens out for how expensive LoD is over there.....but then again we got Earthbound and you didn't.....

The Black label edition of Dragoon is round about 90 Euro, that's about 120 Dollar... Terranigma boxed and complete 40 Dollars... that's a good price i think. What do you pay If you would buy an Terranigma Version? Earthbound? Ha Ha! Easily 200 Dollar boxed and complete. So I don't even dream about buying this game.... but someday I will

To be honest, if I didn't already have LoD, I'd probably pay that much eventually since I love the game. As for Terranigma, since it wasn't released in the US, there's a very small chance I'll be finding it in the wild so if I do ever get it, I'd have to resort to eBay which I really don't like doing. However, as far as eBay prices go, $40 complete isn't bad. I wouldn't feel too bad paying that.

FirehouseG-
ames
Advanced
on: October 28, 2012, 18:59

To say that you rather want a collection of expensive, hard to get games than a massive collection of games does sound a bit odd to me.

I mean it's always fun to find the gems and those are the games that crown our collections right. but if you think about it. Most good games are cheap today!

for example my saturn collection would be nothing without virtua fighter and thats basically free...on the other hand it wouldn't be as cool as it is without panzer dragoon saga or Mr Bones either....

My point is that you pay what you think a game is worth...Thats why its so hard to shop modern games on gamestop....And I agree with LuzZelinia that collecting sealed games is pointless and no fun...:P

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: October 28, 2012, 19:27

I never said I don't want any cheap games, or I want a collection of only expensive games. I said, I would rather have a collection of complete, semi rare or import games in good condition that is small, than a large collection of extremely common games in bad condition. I'm not going to collect for the NES without getting Duck Hunt, but that game goes for very cheap.

I'm not after sealed games either, and I've never met anyone with an entirely sealed game collection. If I see one for cheap I'll pick it up.

Anyway, I live in an area with a plethora of thrift stores and flea markets, and sometimes there are good finds there, but most of the time they aren't in the condition I want.

Also, I mainly collect for the X68000, which is a Japanese computer, so I VERY rarely come across a game for it here. If any of you do collect for the X68k, you will know that complete boxes have a LOT of things in them. While NES games have a manual, styrofoam, a sleeve, and a cart, occasionally a map. X68000 games have all sorts of different box inclusions, trading cards, hardcover books, Mini-CD's with soundtracks, concept art books, etc.. Part of the reason it's one of my favorite systems to collect for. Whatever floats your boat though, don't mean to put down people who prefer cartridges over CIB. Just my personal preference ^_^

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 28, 2012, 19:47

I like collecting for the PS1 and N64 because they're so common, you can find great games at great prices and locally to boot! I have allot of respect for people who collect for obscure consoles because finding the games you want at a good price must be extremely frustrating. You'd have to have a lot of passion for collecting in order to keep going through all the let downs.

FirehouseG-
ames
Advanced
on: October 28, 2012, 19:54

I have nothing for the X68000 but I will look in to it now ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you! It seems like a fun system to collect for (?)

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: October 28, 2012, 20:49

It is. It was only released in Japan, but has some AMAZING ports, like Ghouls and Ghosts, Strider, Street Fighter 2, River City Ransom, Final Fight, Ys, if you're a fan of any of those games I'd look into at the very least emulation. It's a very fun system to collect for! And games go for about 20-90 dollars depending on the rarity and what they include.

My favorite part- Games come in a very durable case, but unlike the Sega Mega Drive and Master System, the cases don't snap shut, they just slide open or closed. I hate having to pry the boxes open. Also, they aren't made of cardboard so it's MUCH easier to find games in great condition!

I'll take some pictures of my X68000 games in a forum post if you like ๐Ÿ˜€

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

Adam_Copel-
and
on: October 29, 2012, 01:04

Quote from LuzZelenia on October 28, 2012, 17:21

Quote from Adam_Copeland on October 28, 2012, 08:19

Quote from LuzZelenia on October 25, 2012, 17:19

Quote from Adam_Copeland on October 25, 2012, 12:04
here in germany, a good price for OoT and Majoras Mask is about 20 euro, used and boxed. That's around 25 Dollar... So here it's cheap while a Version of the Legend of Dragoon, boxed and good condition easily goes for 80 bucks. So I was lucky to pick one up for 20 bucks on the american ebay store

You kidding?! I have 4 complete copies of LoD, three of which are black label, it's my favorite RPG. Good thing it doesn't go for that over here.

But on the other hand, over there you got Terranigma and the US didn't so I guess it evens out for how expensive LoD is over there.....but then again we got Earthbound and you didn't.....

The Black label edition of Dragoon is round about 90 Euro, that's about 120 Dollar... Terranigma boxed and complete 40 Dollars... that's a good price i think. What do you pay If you would buy an Terranigma Version? Earthbound? Ha Ha! Easily 200 Dollar boxed and complete. So I don't even dream about buying this game.... but someday I will

To be honest, if I didn't already have LoD, I'd probably pay that much eventually since I love the game. As for Terranigma, since it wasn't released in the US, there's a very small chance I'll be finding it in the wild so if I do ever get it, I'd have to resort to eBay which I really don't like doing. However, as far as eBay prices go, $40 complete isn't bad. I wouldn't feel too bad paying that.

Yeah 40 Bucks is a good price. I was looking for a complete Version of Lunar 1 and 2 but here in germany, you pay easily 200 Dollar for this Version. Also I was looking for a complete Version of Arc the lad compilation. But here, you have to buy it for around 180 bucks so it's insane. But 2 days ago I brought a Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (Four Disc Collector's Edition) Version on the US ebay for 40 Bucks! That's around 33 Euro. Also I find a Arc The Lad Collection Version complete for 39 Bucks, around 32 Euro. So I am very very happy to find those. Now I'm looking for Lunar 2 complete and Resident Evil 2. RE2 is on the index here in germany so i must buy this game on the US ebay store or somewhere else

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.387 seconds.