Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Rediculously overpriced games
wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Rediculously overpriced games
on: October 29, 2012, 05:59

Quote from FirehouseGames on October 28, 2012, 18:59
To say that you rather want a collection of expensive, hard to get games than a massive collection of games does sound a bit odd to me.

I mean it's always fun to find the gems and those are the games that crown our collections right. but if you think about it. Most good games are cheap today!

for example my saturn collection would be nothing without virtua fighter and thats basically free...on the other hand it wouldn't be as cool as it is without panzer dragoon saga or Mr Bones either....

My point is that you pay what you think a game is worth...Thats why its so hard to shop modern games on gamestop....And I agree with LuzZelinia that collecting sealed games is pointless and no fun...:P

I buy only complete stuff and it makes very hard collecting for Super Famicom, because the boxes and manuals are usually missing. It's very easy to collect for Japanese Saturn and Dreamcast, because the cases are common and the only thing you should focus on is a disc and a manual, these things are always intact. I think that it's the same thing as he wanted to say.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 29, 2012, 15:58

Someone's trying to sell a sealed final fantasy VII on eBay for $5000. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380483264566 I get that it's sealed and that it's the black labeled version, but $5000 is just outrageous. It's not even a misprint.

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: October 29, 2012, 17:08

Quote from LuzZelenia on October 29, 2012, 15:58
Someone's trying to sell a sealed final fantasy VII on eBay for $5000. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380483264566 I get that it's sealed and that it's the black labeled version, but $5000 is just outrageous. It's not even a misprint.

Oh my god. That's even worse than the whole VGA grading thing. If you want to have a collection of sealed games in cases that each cost upwards of 500 dollars, you shouldn't get into video games. Get into like, antique trading cards or something that isn't interactive. There's literally no point in a sealed game, except it's sorta cool. Does not 1000x the value. Ugh, hate people like that on eBay. I saw somebody selling a CIB Secret of Mana for 225.00 I can get it CIB mint for 125. I can get just the cart, box, manual in okay condition for 60 dollars. Seriously, people rip stupid and/or rich people off on eBay all the time.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 29, 2012, 17:35

Quote from DoctorFeelgood on October 29, 2012, 17:08

Quote from LuzZelenia on October 29, 2012, 15:58

Oh my god. That's even worse than the whole VGA grading thing. If you want to have a collection of sealed games in cases that each cost upwards of 500 dollars, you shouldn't get into video games. Get into like, antique trading cards or something that isn't interactive. There's literally no point in a sealed game, except it's sorta cool. Does not 1000x the value. Ugh, hate people like that on eBay. I saw somebody selling a CIB Secret of Mana for 225.00 I can get it CIB mint for 125. I can get just the cart, box, manual in okay condition for 60 dollars. Seriously, people rip stupid and/or rich people off on eBay all the time.

In my opinion, sealed games should go for the same price as unsealed games in really good condition since the only appeal sealed games have for me is that I'll know they'll be in condition and it's kinda neat to have something that for some reason hasn't been opened in 10, 20 or even 30 years, but it doesn't add much value. Him pricing the game at $5000 is basically saying that that layer of plastic around the case is worth $4970 since the game itself is worth only about $30.

If someone ended up buying the game for that price, I'd have a hard time feeling really bad for them since if you're stupid enough to spend $5000 on something you clearly don't know anything about, you're asking to be taken advantage of.

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 30, 2012, 16:43

This one isn't that overpriced, it's just amusing. Take a close look at the "Nintendo DS" in the picture http://www.sell.com/2DCBZZ

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: October 30, 2012, 20:23

Hahaha, DS is for Dual Screen! Gameboy SPs, have 1 screen. Some people are SO stupid they don't even stop to think "What does DS stand for?"

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

Adam_Copel-
and
on: October 31, 2012, 05:54

Here in germany you pay easily 200 Dollar for a complete copy of Earthbound. How expensive is a complete Version of this game in the USA?

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 31, 2012, 11:57

About the same, you might be able to get it for $150 on a good day.

Adam_Copel-
and
on: October 31, 2012, 12:50

Really? I thought it would be a lot cheaper in the USA then here. I don't understand what makes this game so expensive. Sure it's a good game but really over priced in my opinion.

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 31, 2012, 12:57

It didn't do very well originally and it's a cult classic. Basically there's a huge demand but a limited supply. I would love to have the game but to be honest, I'd never buy it for $200, if I ever get it it'd be in the wild for relatively cheap, (I don't think I'd pay more than $50). I would expect it to be more expensive in germany as well since it never had a release there.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.359 seconds.