Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Rediculously overpriced games
LuzZelenia
Pro
Post Rediculously overpriced games
on: October 21, 2012, 19:33

This doesn't really fit here but since there is no general retro gaming section I figured this can go here until one is created, if one is ever created it can be moved.

Anyway, I see people asking outrageous prices for games all the time, for example my local retro game store which is asking $40 for majoras mask, $50 for ocarina of time and a whopping $80 for a link to the past. I guess they're under the impression that Zelda games are rare. I also once saw someone trying to sell super Mario/duck hunt for $699 on eBay claiming it was "rare"

Anyone else see other overpriced games?

Jinx
Beginner
Post Re: Rediculously overpriced games
on: October 21, 2012, 19:43

I have a plethora of Mario/Duck hunt cartridges. They are almost always mixed in with bulk lots of NES video games. lol

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 21, 2012, 19:54

It came bundled with the NES so it's probably the most common NES game. The seller was either an enormous idiot or a scam artist hoping to prey on some other enormous idiot.

hex1gon
Beginner
on: October 22, 2012, 05:16

You think $40 is a lot for a Zelda game? Sorry but that's cheap. Considering the prices they go for PAL regions...

An Australian who loves the XBOX way too much:
hexigon.blogspot.com.au

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 22, 2012, 05:34

Check this out, 400 bucks for a new Final Fantasy game. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PSP-FINAL-FANTASY-FF-Type-0-Zero-Zeroshiki-Reishiki-Import-from-JAPAN-USA-/280772362428?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item415f5640bc

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

FirehouseG-
ames
Advanced
on: October 22, 2012, 08:11

40-80 bucks for a Zelda game? Man I wish O had better access to the american market..things are cheap over there. 40 dollars is in sweden equal to about 250SEK thats just two visits to the Movies.

Regarding poeple on Ebay...Unfortunatly I think they make alot of money that way. Saying it's Ultra rare and fool those that have just begun collecting games or so.

I have another OT question for you guys. Now when the Wii U is coming out and the hype is extreme. Many gamers putt there hard earned money on that new console and games. this leads to massive price drops on other games, espacially retro on online auctions. There also seem to be more games out for sale as well. Is this something you'll notice in America? Becouse it's really apparent here, the release of a new console always mean a lot of great bargains on online auctions.

Retro Reviews by me 😀 - http://www.youtube.com/firehousegames

"It's not clear to me what to do with that Pong machine"

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 22, 2012, 11:24

Man, I feel bad for you guys. In my opinion a good price for OoT and Majoras Mask is about $10 and a link to the past about $25. And that typically a reasonable price to offer a seller for those games (over here that is). I feel bad for complaining now xD

FirehouseGames: yeah, I typically notice a drastic drop in prices after a new console comes out. That's why I'm so excited fr the wii u's release even though I don't plan on getting one probably until the next console generation (for the next drastic drop in price). It's a good time to be a retro gamer.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 22, 2012, 12:02

Quote from LuzZelenia on October 22, 2012, 11:24
Man, I feel bad for you guys. In my opinion a good price for OoT and Majoras Mask is about $10 and a link to the past about $25. And that typically a reasonable price to offer a seller for those games (over here that is). I feel bad for complaining now xD

FirehouseGames: yeah, I typically notice a drastic drop in prices after a new console comes out. That's why I'm so excited fr the wii u's release even though I don't plan on getting one probably until the next console generation (for the next drastic drop in price). It's a good time to be a retro gamer.

Sometimes being a retro gamer backfires hard. I'm a PSP and a Dreamcast collector. I've got most of the Japanese Dreamcast library, still trying to get a few titles, but it's no big deal, but when it comes to PSP, gee, it's hard to get your hands on rare titles. Most of the games I own came from Japan, but when Vita got released and Sony dropped the production of the old PSP games the prices started rising.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

lancevance-
on: October 22, 2012, 21:53

I want Castlevania Symphony of the Night on saturn but its 80+ dollars used!!!!!!

metallicat-
84_2003
Beginner
on: October 22, 2012, 23:10

40 for ocarina or majora is crazy unless......its complete as in box & manual or the cartridge is in pristine condition otherwise i wouldn't pay more then 25 to 30. Now a link to the past complete could run you at about 60 complete but cart should be no more then 15. The prices for the carts should be low though since you can gain access to all the zelda games through ports on other systems or download services through nintendo.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.384 seconds.